There’s never been a better time to start planning your wedding
In the current situation with Corona Covid-19 tearing the world apart it’s completely understandable that you might be holding off starting your 2021 and 2022 wedding plans. However this could be your biggest mistake and here’s why …
Reasons why you should not delay making those wedding plans
- Pressure on 2021/22 dates. Under normal circumstances every year has a number of dates which are considered premium choices. With approx 80% min of 2020 weddings rescheduled for 2021 and 2022 already, finding venues and suppliers with any availability in 2021 and 2022 will become a challenge no couple would have expected to face.
- Many industry experts are predicting it could be much longer before demand for premium dates returns to anything like normal levels.
- Financially, if you are not locking in your suppliers now at current pricing it’s extremely likely you will find the overall cost of your wedding could go up. With wedding costs expected to rise by a min of 20% or more due to the huge financial impact on the wedding industry combined with the extreme demand for dates in 2021 and 2022. Now is the time confirm those bookings.
- Perhaps you already have your date set and your venue booked. However looking ahead, you may find that the choices you thought you had between photographers, florists, cake designers etc no longer exist. Worse, the suppliers you can book will be dictated simply by who is available, on top of which you will likely face paying a premium for your 2nd or even 3rd choice of supplier.
If the above concerns you but you are wary of confirming 2021 and 2022 plans or booking suppliers now, there are a number of steps you can take to provide yourselves with reassurance and avoid the issues that will face many unprepared couples in 2021, 2022 and possibly beyond …
How you can start wedding planning with confidence
- Plan your wedding with the assistance of an established and professional wedding planner with a proven track record. Doing so will enable you to take advantage of the contacts a wedding planner has; to select the best, most reliable suppliers that you can for maximum peace of mind and reassurance
- Plan your wedding with the assistance of an established and professional wedding planner with a proven track record. Doing so will enable you to take advantage of the contacts a wedding planner has; to select the best, most reliable suppliers that you can for maximum peace of mind and reassurance.
- If 2020 has taught couples and suppliers one thing above all else, it is the importance of ensuring you understand the contracts you are entering. Before you confirm a booking with any supplier ask for a copy of their contract and read it thoroughly.
- If you are not using a wedding planner then check your proposed suppliers thoroughly. Let’s face it, in this world of lock down its not like you don’t have the time.
- Look for suppliers that operate professionally. This could include taking more time to browse their websites, looking at reviews or how long they have been trading. You can also check if they are members of professional associations or adhere to the voluntary code of practice (CCWE)
- Other factors to include but that are perhaps less important are if the supplier operates full time, operates as a Ltd company, or are VAT registered. Are their contact and address details readily available?
- Importantly along with your own wedding insurance its imperative that the venue and suppliers you book hold adequate Public liability insurance and for those offering professional advice such as planners that they hold professional indemnity insurance also.
- Regardless of if you have saved for the day or simply have the available funds to hand it’s possibly tempting to hold fire paying deposits especially now. Providing you have followed the guidance above and have fully understood the supplier and venue contracts then now is exactly the right time to lock in your date and choices with a deposit. Doing so will lock in both the date and even more importantly the current price.
Lastly it’s important to understand that no matter how crazy the world feels right now, ultimately this will pass and the ordinary and special things like planning your future and planning your wedding will return to some normality.
If you would like to talk to us about our wedding planning services and how we can help you contact us here or complete the contact form below:
Otherwise you can check out a small selection of our past weddings here